Here are seven things that have been rolling around in my head lately:
· I am excited about the church—both its promise and potential. For those that are disturbed by the church, stop and reflect on all the good the church has done through the centuries. My bet is you have reaped some of the benefits of it even today!
· To stay disciplined in the faith requires daily focusing. In the words of Philippians 3:12, “I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.”
· Is there really anything that materialism has to offer that can truly satisfy?
· I am thankful for my hope not being in a certain political party, but in the One who has proven to be my provider over and over again.
· Laugh more at yourself, and stop taking yourself so seriously. In the words of a dear lady in Mt. Vernon, MO, “Go ahead and be smiley!”
· Don’t major on the minors, but let’s focus on things that actually impact eternity.
· Love God, Love People, Love God more, and Love People more – got it?
Let’s dare to take some risks like the Pilgrim’s did in 1620. I bet we too will have many things to be thankful for.