All of us are stepping somewhere, aren't we. Hopefully, it is onto a firm foundation! In the world of sports one often hears the statement, "Step up to the challenge." Meaning better yourself, rise above your average, or simply don't quit. To constantly develop yourself takes diligence. It is hardwork, especially in a world that is constantly changing.
I like what 1 Timothy 3:1 says about stepping up. In context it is dealing with those in leadership positions within the church, but it applies to everyone. It says, "To aspire to leadership is an honorable ambition." The word aspire is a latin word meaning to literally breathe upon. Wow, the very essence of life is in the breathe. May our leadership breathe life into others as we go about our day.
Here are a few leadership principles I try to live by as I aspire to lead:
- Don't say anything about someone you wouldn't say to them.
- There are things I want to know and things I need to know.
- Alway have integrity over convenience.
- Success in life flows out of communion with God.
- It is tough to keep a full cup steady.
As you face your week, remember to step up to the challenge whatever it may be, because people are watching you lead!