Topeka First is a group of people from all walks of life and various cultures who are being transformed by Jesus Christ. When you join us for a weekend worship service you will quickly find a warm, friendly group of people, committed to creating a church experience that is refreshing, life-changing, and enjoyable for all ages. Every week, we come together to worship God and to experience a relevant and powerful message that teaches the ageless truths of the Bible. We are passionate about sharing the love of Christ by connecting to God, to others, and to our unique callings in a way that changes our lives and our community for the better.
OUR CORE VALUES:
Assemblies of God Churches hold at their center four core beliefs: Salvation Through Jesus Christ, Divine Healing, Baptism in the Holy Spirit, and the Second Coming of Christ. These beliefs are expressed uniquely in all of Topeka First Churches through our shared core values.
- committed to spiritual community
- missional in mindset
- committed to the authority of scripture
- Pentecostal in practice
- obedient in stewardship
- engaged as worshipers
- proactive in prayer
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear?
Where should I park?
How do I find my way around?
What are the services like?
What can I expect to see?
What is the preaching like?
We pray your time with us is meaningful, and that you feel welcomed and refreshed.
Salvation Through Jesus Christ
Baptism in the Holy Spirit
All believers are entitled to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit, and therefore should expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. This was the normal experience of all believers in the early Christian church. With the experience comes the provision of power for victorious Christian living and productive service. It also provides believers with specific spiritual gifts for more effective ministry. The baptism of Christians in the Holy Spirit is accompanied by the initial physical sign of speaking in other tongues (unlearned languages) as the Spirit of God gives them audible expression. (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4,8; 2:4; 8:12-17; 10:44-46; 11:14-16; 15:7-9; 1 Cor. 12:1-31)
The Second Coming of Christ
OUR 16 FUNDAMENTAL TRUTHS
- WE BELIEVE…The scriptures are inspired by God – and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- WE BELIEVE…though originally good, man willingly fell to sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- WE BELIEVE…Every person can have restored fellowship with God through ‘Salvation’ (accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
- WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
- WE BELIEVE… The initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- WE BELIEVE…Sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
- WE BELIEVE…The Church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE…A divinely called and scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church.
- WE BELIEVE…Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
- WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus raptures His Church Prior to His return to earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time, all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
- WE BELIEVE…in the millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
- WE BELIEVE…A final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’